Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bed time.

Everyone has a bad day every now and then. Some of us have bad days more than others, while some of us have good days more than others. I wonder some times how the big guy views his day, if he thinks they are good or bad, or just so so.

Sometimes the big guy thinks I'm mean when I say things like "it's time guys" which means it's bed time. At the same time, the little guy has also said I'm being mean when I say that. The big guy told me tonight (
Sunday the 10th ) "you mea daddy" when I said it was time.

Everyone has a bad day every now and then. Some of us have bad days more than others, while some of us have good days more than others. I wonder sometimes how the big guy views his day, if he thinks they are good or bad, or just so so.

Sometimes the big guy thinks I'm mean when I say things like "it's time guys" which means its bed time. At the same time, the little guy has also said I'm being mean when I say that. The big guy told me tonight (Sunday the 10th) "you mea daddy" when I said it was time.

I really do think in his mind I am being mean on purpose, like I'm honestly trying to ruin his fun time. I don't want to be a mean daddy, but bed time is bed time. I don't want to be a bad daddy, but when it's time to do something I try to make it as easy as I can on him, but sometimes he gets really mad at me for it. Sometimes he goes to bed easy, other times he has a big problem with it and does not want to go to bed. 

School let out a while ago for summer, so mom and I were trying a new thing where we would just let him go till he fell out and crashed. Our idea (her idea really) was he would sleep later in the morning because he went to bed so late at night. During the school year we have tried to have him in bed by 8pm or 9 pm, that way he would have enough sleep to get up and go to school. So 7am would come along and mom would end up dressing him while he was sleeping because he didn't want to wake up, then on the weekends he would be up at 6am or 6:30. It was like he knew he didn't have to go to school, so he wanted to get to playing as soon as possible to get in as much as he could for the day. 

So a few nights last week he stayed up till 11:30 one night, 12:00 another night, and about 10 or so another night, but that did not translate to later mornings, as most mornings he was still up at 6 am, and one morning sooner. So it has been confirmed, he knows he does not have school, so he's getting up early because of it. I'm telling you, I have a six year old teenager. 

So now after the experiment he has gone back to having a "normal" bedtime, roughly 8 or 9 pm. At least this way he will have more than just 6 or 7 hours of sleep. We will just have to deal with him getting up early. It's not so bad, I used to do it when I was his age, I just hope he doesn't feed the fish like I did when I was around his age, I don't think the fish would like to eat mayo, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper and a whole host of other condiments. 

I know it's just a kid thing; the little guy gets up early also, sometimes really early. So I guess it's OK, we will just have to have early mornings while he's out of school. I wonder if I tell him he has school in the morning if he would sleep in......hmmm... I wonder.

So, is your kid an early riser?

4 comments:

  1. DIMI DOES THE SAME THING!!!!

    <3
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol glad he isn't "feeding" the fish like you did! I'll never forget getting up that morning. What a mess!! But it's all part I learning. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan is 5! Lol and it's funny you said something about the fish because this morning they were "fishing" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he's close to six, so that's good enough for me.

      Delete